Westerville Bible Church Missionary Conference
September 21-25, 2016
“Make Disciples of All the Nations”
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:18-20).
Wednesday, September 21
“Living Water” video (6:59)
“All Authority in Heaven and in Earth” (Matthew 28:18)
Thursday, September 21
“Satisfied” video (3:18)
Saturday, September 24
A practical challenge from Radical by David Platt: The final chapter of Radical (pp. 161-219) lays out this five-part commitment that he calls his readers to make. He has spent the whole book articulating Jesus’ case for discipleship. These five practical commitments can orient our lives toward a radical (fundamental) living out of Jesus’ commands.
- Pray for the entire world. Commit to praying regularly and systematically for the whole world (perhaps using something like Operation World).
- Read through the entire Word. Read through the Bible cover to cover in the coming year.
- Sacrifice your money for a specific purpose. Give sacrificially for a specific ministry or cause for one year.
- Spend your time in another context. Commit one week of the coming year (2%) to be in another context: perhaps another country visiting a missionary, perhaps in another part of our city or state serving, or perhaps another part of our country seeing how Jesus is building his church.
- Commit your life to a multiplying community. Give yourself to your church body in faithful attendance and prayer, but specifically to one avenue of discipleship: perhaps an individual, an age group, or a particular ministry.
Sunday, September 25
Sunday School: “Three Idols that Threaten Missions”
Morning Service: “I Am With You” (Haggai 2:1-9)
Evening Service: “I Have Many People” (Acts 18:9-10)