Have you ever stopped to listen to yourself pray? Do your prayers sound anything like the inspired prayers of the New Testament? The overwhelming focus of biblical prayers is on the spiritual needs of others, challenging us to pray for the greatest need of those around us: to believe and grow in Jesus Christ. Paul prays for the Colossians to “…walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God” (Col 1:10). What a great prayer request! As you pray for us, please pray that we would live in a way that is completely pleasing to God, that we would bear the fruit of godly actions, and that we would know God better.
God has used many partners in the gospel to encourage us as we have visited supporting churches. We are thankful for the incredible team of partners God has brought together. We are looking forward to celebrating our “fellowship in the gospel” at our commissioning service on Sunday, November 5 at 3:30 pm at Westerville Bible Church. All are invited and we would love for you to join us that afternoon if you are able.
The next several weeks we plan to do quite a bit of traveling, visiting our supporting churches and representing Gospel Mission of South America. The next several weeks look like this:
- September 17: Wayside Chapel, Bucyrus, OH
- September 24: Fayette Bible Church, Washington Court House, OH
- September 27–October 1: Missionary Conference, Westerville Bible Church
- October 2–5: Global Opportunities Week, Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC
- October 8: Harvest Bible Church, Niles, OH
- October 15: Heritage Baptist Church, Smithville, OH
- November 5 at 3:30 p.m.: Commissioning Service at Westerville Bible Church, Westerville, OH
- December 28: Move to Chile
We had the opportunity to spend a day in New York City and do a little sightseeing.
Thank God with us:
- For his grace in bringing us another step closer to moving to Chile on December 28.
- For his grace in encouraging us through God’s people.
- For his grace in the wonderful gospel team he has raised up.
- For his grace and constant care for us in meeting all our physical and financial needs.
Pray to God with us:
- For safety as we travel the next several weeks.
- For grace to serve our supporting churches as we visit them this fall.
- For spiritual strength to live in a way pleasing to God.
- For wisdom in arranging many details before we move to Chile.