One of the blessings of our partnership in the gospel ministry is that we are encouraged by the very brothers and sisters we seek to encourage. The apostle Paul, who had never visited the church at Rome, spoke of this phenomenon in Romans 1:11–12. “For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; that is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.”
The past five weeks God blessed us through our time in northern Arkansas with one of our supporting churches, Mountain Home Bible Church. We came to serve and try to be a blessing to this body of believers, but God used them to be a blessing to us! We had the privilege of ministering to the teens, helping with VBS, teaching an adult Sunday School class, and helping with some remodeling projects around the building. Best of all, we got to know many of our brothers and sisters in Christ here much better, giving us all the ability to pray for each other so much better.
Lord willing, we will return to Ohio on Thursday, and begin visiting several of our supporting churches before we leave for Chile at the end of the year. You can view our itinerary here. The next few weeks look like this:
- August 20: Greencastle Bible Church, Carroll, Ohio
- August 27: Chillicothe Bible Church, Chillicothe, Ohio
- September 10: Hardingville Bible Church, Monroeville, New Jersey
- September 17: Wayside Chapel, Bucyrus, Ohio
- November 5 at 3:30 p.m.: Commissioning Service at Westerville Bible Church, Westerville, Ohio
We enjoyed deepening our relationships with our brothers and sisters here.
We have enjoyed the beauty of God’s creation here in northern Arkansas
as we have served at Mountain Home Bible Church the past five weeks.
Thank God with us:
- For his grace in bringing us to Arkansas to serve with one of our supporting churches over the past five weeks.
- For his grace in showering us with blessings and the love and fellowship of Mountain Home Bible Church.
- For his grace in deepened friendships and fellowship in serving Jesus.
- For his grace and constant care for us in meeting all our physical and financial needs.
Pray to God with us:
- For safety in our trip back to Ohio from Arkansas later this week.
- For grace to serve our supporting churches as we visit them this fall.
- For spiritual strength to pursue Christ and love others.
- For wisdom in pursuing continuing Spanish learning and organizing the many details that must be arranged this year.