One of the inescapable facets of Jesus’ commission to his disciples is that we are to make disciples of all nations. Not only was this a challenge to his Jewish disciples (see the book of Acts), it also confronts our comfortable lives today.
Going or Staying
Since the gospel is for “all nations,” we must actively go to the nations, but it also means that the good news is not restricted from any people group. We might be tempted to withhold the gospel from those far from us, either geographically or culturally, but wherever we find ourselves, all the nations around us need the gospel.
This past month we have been visiting churches in Minnesota on behalf of our co-workers, David and Kristi Flinck. We have visited six churches, reported on our trip to Antofagasta in June, and passed out their updated prayer cards. Mark took a week-long Doctor of Ministry course at Central Baptist Theological Seminary during our time in Minneapolis. We have enjoyed great fellowship and been encouraged by the Flincks’ faithful supporters. Next week we return to Ohio for our sending church’s annual missionary conference. Mark will also be speaking for a weekend of Couples’ Retreat next month. We will be visiting churches every Lord’s Day, seeking to encourage God’s people, lifting their eyes to the harvest fields of the world, and seeking teammates in prayer and support. Please pray for us!
- September 18: Prior Lake Baptist Church, Prior Lake, MN
- September 21–25: Missionary Conference, Westerville Bible Church, Westerville, OH
- September 30–October 1: Couples’ Retreat, Peniel Bible Camp, Chesterville, OH
- October 2: Heritage Baptist Church, Smithville, OH
- October 7–8: Ohio Bible Fellowship Conference, Orwell, OH
- October 9: Eastside Community Bible Church, Milford, OH
- October 16: Ephraim Baptist Church for the Deaf, St. Louis, MO
We have enjoyed the beautiful rural scenes of southwestern Minnesota along with the excitement of the Twin Cities this past month.
Thank God with us:
- for our team of churches and individuals partnering with us. Our support total is 63%.
- for many chances to serve God and others this past month in Minnesota.
- for safety in travel and good health and strength.
Pray to God with us:
- for God to use every circumstance he ordains in our lives to make us more like Jesus Christ.
- for God’s continued provision of teammates in prayer and finances.
- for God’s grace to serve Jesus’ church this fall by holding missions high.
- for God’s wisdom in 2017 as we move to language school in Texas.