We all make sacrifices for something greater.
Many times we think of missionaries as sacrificing so much: leaving home, giving up their worldly possessions, living in a foreign land. Granted, these things are a sacrifice, but anytime someone makes a willing sacrifice of anything, they do so because they value something else more highly. Think of an elite athlete: she gets up early, endures years of grueling workouts, gives up time with family and friends, and trains her body and mind, all in order to win a competition (cf. 1 Cor 9:25). A mother endures the discomfort and pain of pregnancy and childbirth, but all of that is forgotten when she holds her newborn for the first time (cf. John 16:21). An collector sells everything to acquire the ultimate piece for his collection (cf. Matt 13:45-46).
The same is true if we love and value Jesus Christ. When we recognize that he is essential to both our physical and spiritual lives (cf. Col 1:16-17), we also realize that everything we have is worth giving up in order to follow Jesus Christ and see others do the same. In Jesus’ words, “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field” (Matt 13:44). We sacrifice for the joy of knowing and sharing in Jesus Christ (Phil 3:7-11). It’s that simple: not necessarily easy to do, but the clear choice.
We are looking forward to more ministry opportunities.
The past few weeks have seen big changes in our normal routine: Mark has transitioned out of most of his pastoral duties, Bekah quit her job at a local chiropractor’s office, and we sold our second car. We are confident that God will continue to provide for our needs now just as he always has. Please pray that God will continue to stretch and perfect our faith. We look forward to serving several of Jesus’ churches over the next month:
- March 20: Berwick Bible Church, Berwick, PA
- March 27: Westerville Bible Church, Westerville, OH
- April 3: Mountain Home Bible Church, Mountain Home, AR
- April 10: Calvary Baptist Church, Wakefield, MI
- April 17: North Country Baptist Church, Millersburg, MI
We are thankful for God’s provision of new teammates this past month, bringing our support total to 25%! We encourage you to follow our weekly travels on our Facebook page, “Perrys to Chile,” check out our website, perrys2chile.com, and continue to pray for us!
We are looking forward to taking this group of five young ladies from Westerville Bible Church to Antofagasta, Chile for ten days in June. Our goals are to be servants like Jesus and to see Jesus building his church.
Thank God with us:
- for another partner joining our support team this month!
- for gracious and generous churches who encourage us and help us on our way week in and week out.
- for safety in travel and many opportunities to serve the Body of Christ.
Pray to God with us:
- for God’s provision of teammates in prayer and finances.
- for God’s grace and protection as we travel full-time in deputation ministry.
- for God’s wisdom in leading a mission team from our church to Antofagasta June 2–14.