You can’t keep good news to yourself!
When our Savior, Jesus Christ, humbled himself and was born in the likeness of men, even lowly shepherds were invited to come and see. Their response is instructive to us as well: “And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child” (Luke 2:17).
Hoarding or sharing?
As you gather with your family members and church body this month, think about the many people in your community, your state, and around the world who do not know the Gospel.
Being served or serving?
This is a great time of year to examine our own hearts and ask whether we are serving those around us by sharing the Good News, or serving ourselves and ignoring others. We thank God for our Savior, who came not to be served, but as a servant (Mark 10:45), willingly obeying his Father to the point of death on a cross (Phil 2:5–8). We want to follow Jesus’ example and serve God by serving others.
Please continue to pray with us! We are thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord by serving Jesus’ church. Our itinerary for the first few weeks of 2016 looks like this:
- January 10: Athens Bible Church, Athens, Ohio
- January 17: Providence Baptist Church, Westerville, Ohio
- January 24: Marantha Bible Church, Zanesville, Ohio
Thank God with us:
- for our first supporting church (along with four families).
- for 19 meetings scheduled so far in 2016.
- for safety in travel and grace in serving this fall.
Pray to God with us:
- for God’s provision of teammates who will support us in prayer and finances.
- for wisdom in the coming months as we transition to full-time deputation ministry.